2 Day Provider Courses 7:45am – 4:30pm
Wednesday, January 10 and Thursday, January 11, 2018, Wednesday, March 14 and Thursday, March 15, 2018
Thursday, April 12 and Friday, April 13, 2018 Tuesday, July 17 and Wednesday, July 18, 2018
Monday, October 29 and Tuesday, October 30, 2018 Tuesday, December 11 and Wednesday, December 12, 2018
Prerequisites for all classes:
Working knowledge and understanding of BASIC EKG rhythm strips and interpretation
Current NON-EXPIRED certification in AHA Basic Life Support
REGISTRATION: Advanced registration is required no later than three (3) weeks prior to the first day of the course.
REGISTRATION WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED LESS THAN 10 DAYS PRIOR TO THE COURSE.
Course preparation, receipt of book, and early registration is required!
HeartCode ACLS Skills Session - $35.00 (By Appointment or on dates listed above)
*LVH-Pocono employees must be registered by their Manager via NetLearning*
External Participants: Please visit our website at www.poconomedicalcenter.org, go to the Events Calendar and follow prompts to register for a classroom course. IF EMS – Please go to the RED EMS TAB, Scroll down to the interested course
Please visit OnlineAHA.org to register for an online course.
If you have any questions regarding any of these courses, please call the Learning Institute at 570.420.2557.
Course Objectives: Upon successful completion of this course, the student should be able to:
• Describe the BLS Primary and ACLS Secondary survey.
• Discuss the care and treatment for a patient with acute coronary syndrome.
• Describe the significant updates to the ACLS science overview and therapeutic modalities based on the AHA 2015 guidelines.
• Discuss the identification and initial management of patients with acute ischemic stroke.
• Describe the need for successful Megacode and Resuscitation team dynamics and communication.
• Demonstrate ACLS techniques and the use of the AED.
• Demonstrate techniques to maintain patent airway during a simulated Respiratory arrest situation.
• State the interventions utilized for a patient with a Stable/Unstable tachycardia Dysrhythmia.
• State the interventions utilized for a patient with a pulseless arrest situation.
• Demonstrate ability to act as a Team Leader in a Megacode emergency situation.
RECERTIFICATION COURSE FEE: $100.00 PROVIDER COURSE FEE: $175.00 *NO FEE FOR LVH-P EMPLOYEES*
LVH-Pocono is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Pennsylvania State Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. Approval of this continuing nursing education activity refers to recognition of the educational activity only and does not imply ANCC Commission on Accreditation or Pennsylvania State Nurses Association approval or endorsement of any product. Registered nurses attending the entire Provider course program, completing the post-test with a minimum score of 84%, and completing the evaluation tool will receive 13.0 contact hours. Speakers are required to disclose to the audience any relevant commercial interest. Any conflicts of interest must be resolved prior to the presentation and announced to the audience. Planners, presenters have nothing to disclose.
For Weather Cancellation of classes, please call the Weather Training Hotline at 570-420-2558
or the Learning Institute at 570.420.2557
The American Heart Association strongly promotes knowledge and proficiency in CPR and has developed instructional materials for this purpose. Use of these materials in an educational course does not represent course sponsorship by the American Heart Association, and any fees charged for such a course do not represent income to the association.