PALS Recertification/Update Courses 7:45am – 4:30pm
YOU MUST BRING YOUR CURRENT BLS & PALS CARDS FOR RECERTIFICATION – NO EXCEPTIONS!
Thursday, February 22, 2018 Monday, March 12, 2018 Wednesday, April 18, 2018
Thursday, May 24, 2018 Wednesday, August 15, 2018 Wednesday, October 3, 2018 Friday, November 16, 2018
Prerequisites for all classes:
Working knowledge and understanding of basic EKG rhythm strips and interpretation
Current certification in AHA Basic Life support
Provide copy of current BLS certification card in class to Instructor.
REGISTRATION: Advanced registration is required no later than three (3) weeks prior to the first day of the course.
REGISTRATION WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED LESS THAN 10 DAYS PRIOR TO THE COURSE.
EARLY REGISTRATION IS NECESSARY TO ALLOW TIME TO RECEIVE PRECOURSE MATERIALS AND COMPLETE SELF–ASSESSMENT.
Course preparation and registration is required! Contact Nursing Education for your loaner book @ 3784
*LVH-P employees must be registered by their Manager via NetLearning*
External Participants: Please visit our website at www.poconomedicalcenter.org, go to the Events Calendar and follow prompts to register. EMS go to the RED EMS tab and scroll down to the EMS registrations that apply
Please visit OnlineAHA.org to register for an online course.
If you have any questions regarding any of these courses, please call 570-420-2557
The EMS/AHA LVH-P Learning Institute, 2 Storm Street, Stroudsburg Pa 18360
Course Objectives: Upon successful completion of this course, the student should be able to:
• Discuss and be able to perform the systematic approach to pediatric assessment of a seriously ill or injured child, including the general, primary, secondary and tertiary assessments based on the 2015 AHA Guidelines
• Recognize and manage a child in respiratory distress or failure and/or compensated or hypotensive shock
• Demonstrate BCLS techniques and the use of the AED.
• Recognize and manage a child with a life-threatening bradyarrhythmia, tachyarrhythmia or arrest rhythm.
• Describe key elements of effective resuscitation team behaviors and explain why the foundation of successful resuscitation includes both mastery of basic skills and effective team dynamics.
• Prevent further deterioration of the child’s condition during the stabilization and transfer phases of care.
• Describe the interventions for the Core Cardiac cases.
• Describe the interventions for the Core Respiratory cases.
• Discuss the interventions for the Core Shock cases.
• Demonstrate techniques to gain I.O. vascular access on the pediatric manikin.
RECERTIFICATION COURSE FEE: $100.00 PROVIDER COURSE FEE: $175.00 *NO FEE FOR LVH-P EMPLOYEES*
LVH-P is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Pennsylvania State Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. Approval of this continuing nursing education activity refers to recognition of the educational activity only and does not imply ANCC Commission on Accreditation or Pennsylvania State Nurses Association approval or endorsement of any product. Registered nurses attending the entire program, completing the post-test with a minimum score of 84%, and completing the evaluation tool will receive 13.0 contact hours for the Provider course. Speakers are required to disclose to the audience any relevant commercial interest. Any conflicts of interest must be resolved prior to the presentation and announced to the audience. Planners, presenters have nothing to disclose.
For Weather Cancellation of classes, please call the Weather Training Hotline at 570-420-2558
or the Learning Institute at 570-420-2557
The American Heart Association strongly promotes knowledge and proficiency in CPR and has developed instructional materials for this purpose. Use of these materials in an educational course does not represent course sponsorship by the American Heart Association, and any fees charged for such a course do not represent income to the association.