Pocono Medical Center (PMC) is the area’s leader in Occupational Medicine, providing the highest quality care at the lowest cost.
The Occupational Medicine Program at PMC
- Offers experienced physicians, providers and staff to care for the needs of your business and employees
- Has partnered with employers for over 25 years
- Collaborated with over 350 companies, providing a variety of personalized and customized services to meet your needs
- New employee physicals including DOT and non-DOT
- Workplace injury care
- Camp physicals – elementary school age and up
- Drug and alcohol testing
- Back evaluations
- Pulmonary function testing
- Vision and hearing screening
- Blood tests
- MMPI evaluations (psychological evaluations)
- Consortium service
- Supervisor training – Lunch & Learns
- Occupational exposure management
- Consultative services for protocol on hazardous materials
Pete Obeng, MD, MSPH
Dr. Obeng focuses solely on Occupational Medicine and the full spectrum of care for employee-related health issues. He received his medical degree from Howard University in Washington, D.C. in 2008 and completed his residency in Occupational Medicine in 2014 at Meharry Medical College in Nashville, TN. Dr. Obeng also received a Master’s Degree in Public Health from Meharry Medical College.
Before joining PMC Physician Associates, he was the Medical Director of Occupational Medicine at U.S. Healthworks in Reading, PA. Dr. Obeng also served as a battalion surgeon for the United States Army’s 82nd Airborne Division in Iraq during Operation Enduring Freedom, and treated wounded soldiers in the Army’s Warrior Transition Battalion in Fort Gordon, GA.
Jane Haney, LPN, Department Coordinator
Ms. Haney has worked at PMC since 1982, and has been providing compassionate care in Occupational Medicine since 1997. She is a Breath Alcohol Technician Trainer, Substance Abuse Technician Trainer, and is certified in the fields of Hearing Conservation and Pulmonary Function Testing.