The goal of the cardiac rehabilitation program at Lehigh Valley Hospital-Pocono is to optimally assist patients recovering from a cardiac event by providing support for lifestyle modification and control of symptoms to help reduce the risk of future cardiac events or sudden death. For more than 25 years a dedicated team of healthcare professionals has pursued these goals by:
- Educating patients, their families and significant others about heart disease, symptom identification, and medications.
- Providing monitored and supervised outpatient exercise sessions that improve heart efficiency, fitness, and feelings of well being
- Periodically testing patients to assess their risk for future problems and provide information for their physicians
- Identifying risk factors and providing the tools necessary to initiate behavioral changes for those specific risk factors.
- Providing dietary evaluation and counseling on how to lower intake of cholesterol and fats to optimize nutritional requirements for patients.
Entry into the cardiac rehabilitation program requires a physician referral. If you have questions or would like more information about the program please call 570-476-3606
Cardiovascular: Home • Cardiovascular: Our Services