- Do not exercise immediately after meals – wait at least one hour.
- Each exercise is to be performed five times on all extremities.
- Do not tire one extremity; alternate an arm exercise with a leg exercise.
- Stop exercising if you experience:
- Chest pain, pain in the neck, teeth, arms or jaw
- Irregularity of your pulse
- Shortness of breath, light-headedness or dizziness
- Excessive fatigue
- Any unusual joint, muscle or ligament problems
- Nausea and/or vomiting
Avoid isometrics: straining to move your bowels, pushing/pulling heavy objects or working with your arms overhead. These activities elevate blood pressure and put added strain on the healing heart.