Pocono Medical Center is a mid-sized, not-for-profit community hospital offering acute care for Monroe and surrounding county residents.
PMC is fully accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations.
Nestled in the heart of the scenic Pocono Mountains, PMC sits adjacent to East Stroudsburg University, directly off exit 308 on Interstate 80.
- Our more than 200 physicians and over 1,850 staff members are considered our greatest resource and most important investment. Together, we have only one goal in mind at all times—providing world-class care, close to home.
- PMC offers continuous educational opportunities for our staff through a variety of in-house programs and external seminars that support our employees’ success. We encourage a collaborative, creative environment where our team strives for excellence and innovation every day.
- The ESSA Heart and Vascular Institute offers the full breadth and depth of cardiovascular services, including diagnostic cardiac catheterization, cardiac angioplasty, open-heart surgery, and minimally invasive heart procedures as well as vascular surgery and cardiac rehabilitation services.
- The Dale and Frances Hughes Cancer Center at PMC offers a variety of treatments and alternatives, including state-of-the-art radiation therapy equipment. The Center operates as a member of the Jefferson Cancer network and therefore provides our oncologists access to the latest and proven treatment protocols, clinical trials, and educational support.
- Pocono Medical Center is a fully accredited Level III Trauma Center, equipped to provide life saving care around the clock for local patients and visitors.
- The Mattioli Emergency Center at PMC continues to be one of the busiest ERs in the state, attending to the needs of more than 90,000 patients annually.
- PMC's comprehensive maternal and child care services offer a family-centered approach which allows for many progressive features including family-member participation at birth, modified rooming-in, and extended visiting hours for immediate family, including grandparents and siblings.
- Our growing orthopedic and spine care services allow patients suffering from chronic back pain a variety of choices ranging from delicate spinal surgery to pain management techniques and medication therapies.
- Our PMC Physicians Associates (PMC PA) practices provide a network of high-quality care in a range of medical specialties, all located conveniently throughout the region. We are dedicated to providing a continuum of compassionate, high-quality care for all members of the family—from pediatrics to geriatrics. This patient-centered approach ensures better coordination and integration of services, increased patient safety and quality, as well as early identification and management of illness. Visit www.MyPMCDocs.com for more information.
- In our continued strategy to meet the growing needs of the community, PMC recently opened a Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) to provide advanced, on-site medical care for newborns. In October 2010, PMC also broke ground on a new 58,000 square foot Cancer Center that will introduce our region to the medical home concept (e.g., supplying a continuum of care to address all of a patient’s needs under one roof).
- As Monroe County’s sole hospital, we take seriously our responsibility to meeting the diverse healthcare needs of our community. PMC provides direct patient care, community wellness initiatives, and scholarships to individuals seeking degrees in the healthcare field.
- PMC's Clementine Abeloff Community Health Center is the only Monroe County facility to provide general health and dental care to un- and under-insured children aged birth to 18 years.
- Free community wellness education programs and health screenings are available to all community members through our Healthy Living program. Visit our “To Your Health” calendar to see a listing of upcoming programs, screenings and events.
- Through the Pocono Health Foundation, we also provide scholarships for those pursuing careers in health related fields such as nursing and radiology. To improve and enrich the lives of our families, friends, and neighbors, we also award grants to a wide range of community groups, addressing many challenging issues faced by our community.