To become a Lehigh Valley – Pocono volunteer, you must complete the following steps:
1. Submit two (2) satisfactory references from non-family members. Download the reference form (PDF).
2. Complete a volunteer application.
College student volunteers are accepted all year. If you applying for a semester session only, please apply and contact the appropriate office within the hospital at least one (1) month in advance of the start of the semester. College students who are volunteering for a summer session only must apply by March 1 of that year. Spaces are VERY limited and serious, committed volunteers only need apply. Please apply early and plan accordingly. Volunteer office may be contacted at 570-476-3447.
3. Complete necessary TB testing (at no cost to volunteer) and a flu vaccination (if volunteering during the flu season, November 1 – March 31)
4. A clear Pennsylvania Criminal History Check (at no cost to volunteer), FBI fingerprinting and Child Abuse Clearance.
5. Attend an orientation for LVHN volunteers.
Once we have received two (2) references and your application, you will be contacted for an interview. Volunteer applications are active for 90 days.
Reference forms can be submitted by mail or fax using the information below.
Mail references and application to:
Lehigh Valley Hospital-Pocono
C/o Volunteer Services Coordinator
206 East Brown Street
East Stroudsburg, PA 18301-3094
Fax references and application to: 570-422-8111