Patients from around the nation and across the globe have chosen the Dale and Frances Hughes Cancer Center because we offer the state-of-the-art treatment options they seek, delivered by the capable hands of our friendly, experienced staff in a setting where patients feel comfortable and at ease.
We offer a full range of services, including:
- Advanced cancer treatment and therapy
- Information on prevention and screening
- Genetic testing
- Educational programs
- Social services, support groups and counseling
- Nutritional and dietary counseling
- Holistic therapy
- Clinical research trials
- Surgical services
- Plastic and reconstructive services
The Hughes Cancer Center is home to the most technologically advanced radiation therapy equipment including:
- Edge™ Radiosurgery System – The Dale and Frances Hughes Cancer Center is the first Cancer Center in the region to offer this brand new, minimally invasive technology used to treat a wide range of cancerous and noncancerous tumors throughout the body including those of the lung, brain and spine. Using the combination of precision imaging and radiation, Edge radiosurgery is capable of delivering higher doses of radiation to destroy cancer cells. There’s no cutting, no anesthesia and no in-hospital stay with this treatment.
- Calypso® Extracranial Tracking – This system, used hand-in-hand with the Edge™ Radiosurgery System, enables radiation oncologists at the Dale and Frances Hughes Cancer Center to accurately track tumors to keep them in the path of the radiation beam at all times.
- Stereotactic Body Radiation Therapy (SBRT) – This treatment procedure is similar to stereotactic radiosurgery, except that it targets tumors outside of the central nervous system.
- RapidArc™ – Breakthrough technology that enables highly-precise radiation therapy treatments that enables highly precise radiation therapy treatments
- Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT) and Image Guided Radiation Therapy (IGRT) – These systems use computer technology to optimize the delivery of radiation. The Hughes Cancer Center was one of the first cancer centers nationwide to offer IMRT and one of the first 50 centers in the world to offer IGRT.
- Space OAR® System – reduces rectal injury in men receiving prostate cancer radiation therapy by acting as a spacer and pushing the rectum away from the prostate
- Prostate seed implantation allows for precise treatment of cancer in the prostate gland. The Hughes Cancer Center has been performing prostate seed implants since 1996 and currently serves as a large referral source for patients from many states and countries.
- Mammosite: Contoura, Savi and SenoR Therapy for breast cancer – This approach uses a catheter balloon inserted into the lumpectomy cavity and radiation is delivered by a high dose rate (HDR) unit/source. There is no residual radiation and no need for aftercare or hospitalization.
- HDR (High Dose Radiation)
- LDR (Low Dose Radiation)
- Volume Implants
- Latest chemotherapy treatments – new, more targeted drug therapies affect only cancer cells, leaving most normal cells unharmed, causing fewer side effects than standard chemotherapy drugs.